Posted May 11, 2022Cleaner
Business: Ask Wellness Society
Address: Merritt, B.C.
Typical Duties Include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.;
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in restrooms, client rooms;
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners;
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas;
- Wipe down walls using wall mop, doors, wall hangings, and baseboards, etc.;
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees;
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies and products;
- Clean/restore client suites/homes due to client-caused damage, floods or fire;
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products;
- Keeping all spaces neat and tidy;
- Reporting repairs and replacements when encountered on the job;
- When necessary, be trained to be the first to respond to an overdose situation with on the spot overdose response and support and prepared to work calmly and together with your team, paramedics and police in crisis situations;
- Ensure compliance with all WorkSafe/Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines supportive standards, Society policies and procedures;
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
- Complete accurate and up to date communication/case notes.
- Complete move in/move out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping experience an asset;
- Must be willing to work in units with bed bugs/hoarding/harm reduction present in positive and confident manner (training can be provided);
- Must have good time management skills within a fast-paced, high intensity work environment;
- Experience with mental health/addiction and homelessness issues an asset;
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling, push and pull objects, lift and move objects, repetitive bending and lifting/arm movements.
- Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports
-Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Merritt Cleaner”. You may also apply directly apply online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/