Posted Jan 23, 2023Youth Worker
TagsAgriculture Social Services Community Education
Job Title: Upper Nicola Youth Worker
Department: Health and Social Department
Accountable to: The Youth Worker is managed by the Health Director.
Job Classification: Grade 3
Job Purpose: The Youth Worker is responsible for developing, implementing and assisting with evaluating programs for youth in the community along with administering and delivering age-appropriate programs.
Term Position: Permanent Full-time (Funding based)
Hours of work: 32 hours weekly
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive youth program to ensure community access to recreation, sport and leisure activities.
• Assess community needs for youth programming, making recommendations and developing action plans for consideration by the Health & Social Director.
• Implement a range of evening, weekend, spring break and summer programming (including away from the community), sports and recreational activities as well as workshops focusing on a variety of topics including but not limited to: aspects of healthy living, life skills and self-reliance, personal confidence, self-esteem and enhancement of cultural identity and drug/alcohol intervention and prevention.
• Supervise groups of youth in a safe manner, monitoring interactions and behaviours.
• Create, organize, and facilitate age and gender-appropriate sports and recreational activities.
• Create detailed monthly calendars and promote the events in the community using appropriate media including the newsletter, website, FaceBook, texting etc. as per policy.
• Monitor the allocated program budget.
• Manage, facilitate, mentor and encourage the youth council.
• Provide one-to-one support to youth as needed.
1. Post-secondary qualification in Child & Youth Care or a diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies, or equivalent is required.
2. First Aid Level II with CPR Level C is required.
3. Coaching certificates in sports are an asset.
For any questions or to submit an application, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Upper Nicola Band
General Delivery, Douglas Lake, BC, V0E 1S0
Deadline for Applications: Open until filled. We thank everyone for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.