Posted Sep 13, 2022Tow Truck operator ( 2 or more)
Tow Truck Operator - Job details
$50,000–$75,000 a year
Full Job Description
Are you ready to be part of a growing business that is setting new standards in its industry?
Reliable Towing Services ("Reliable") is the largest family-owned towing company in Western Canada with various locations in BC and Alberta. At Reliable Towing we love what we do and how we help our customers every single day. We are a fast-growing company and are looking for loyal team members who are willing to grow and help us succeed.
Tow Truck Operators will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining safe driving habits, and safely transporting vehicles from one location to another on their assigned route.
The primary responsibility of the operator is to operate the tow trucks and perform routine maintenance on equipment, including but not limited to loading/unloading trailers, maintaining inventory levels in vehicles, checking fluid levels, and inspecting vehicles daily before/after driving them.
Detailed job duties include:
- Drive tow trucks safely and efficiently.
- Load/unload vehicles from various equipment. This may include the use of chains, winches, wheel scoops and dollies and other equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Maintain safe driving habits while operating the vehicle.
- Communicate with dispatch, customers, and service providers in a professional and friendly attitude.
- Use of mobile phone dispatching application to accept and complete jobs.
- Complete invoices & daily paperwork as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License (minimum Class 5)
- Air brakes and heavy trailer endorsement/ class 3/ class 1, experience driving commercially/experience driving off road would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of the area.
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend, twist, reach, climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, and walk on uneven terrain.
- Available to work flexible shifts.
- Applicants must be able to accommodate to the work site.
- Candidates may be required to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Merritt, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
For more information or to apply, please visit www.indeed.com