Posted Aug 12, 2021Employment & Training Administration
Business: Citxw Nlaka'pamux Assembly
Address: Merritt, BC
Full-time | Permanent7 days ago
- Dental care
- Microsoft Office
Full job description
Terms: Full-time permanent position
Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found
The Employment & Training Assistant will work in a team environment to provide opportunities with employers and the eight (8) Participating Band's Members. As well as provide administrative support functions for the Employment & Training Coordinator and the Office Manager as required. The Employment & Training department provides support through the assessment, employment planning and coaching, employment readiness training, and job placement and on-the-job support with employers, Highland Valley Copper Mine and/or its contractors. The successful candidate will have strong and proven ability in organizational development with an ability to multitask, thrives under pressure and has a strong knowledge of Office 365. The candidate needs to be confident, friendly and firm, is able to communicate in a clear, direct and professional manner while having a strong sense of responsibility, problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize, confidentiality, self-motivated and helpful to be successful in this role.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, with a 1-hour lunch.
program planning and oversight, all forms of communication; and, establishing and implementing systems and procedures.
Travel will be required to attend job fairs, meetings and meet clients.
- Work to determine goals for employment and training requirements with CNA community members
- Supports in the recruiting of qualified staff and contractors to work with the training, employment and business development initiatives.
- Develops, documents and leads operational processes to assist individuals in the hiring procedures with employer partners, including adding and amending processes or resources as needed.
- Liaises with the community service delivery teams throughout the eight (8) Participatory Bands to ensure consistent project design, delivery and execution of programs and services.
- Provide database intake services for employee and employer clients and the client management process.
- Establish and manage milestone targets for employment and training with CNA, community members.
- Identify and engage with unemployed and/or underemployed community members to involve them in the planning and implementation of any CNA Training and Employment Programs to meet employment targets.
- Set up and maintain files in the Employment & Training office, opening, maintaining, and archiving forms, files, documents, and database as required.
- Answering and responding to routine inquiries, and directing callers to the appropriate services.
- Attends events and meetings while being responsible for preparing briefing notes, memos, report summaries, as required.
- Ensures that recommendations are implemented.
- Promotes and coordinates recruiting activity between employer Hiring Managers and the eight (8) Participatory Bands.
- Provides coaching to CNA community members to encourage effective hiring or employee development.
- Demonstrated facilitation, training, and presentation skills, social media experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Writing and delivering internal communication and announcements.
- Planning, coordinating and executing business meetings and corporate/social special events.
- Typing/word processing and filing, maintain a neat and clean environment in the Employment & Training Department.
- Other duties, as required.
Relationship and Supervision
- Reports to the Department Coordinator works and builds relationships with the Participatory Bands, Highland Valley Copper Mine, community members, external hiring agencies, and employers.
- Active in the Highland Copper Mine Annual Planning process and the Implementation Committee.
- Communicates regularly with clients and employers regarding employable community members.
- Interacts with other Participatory Bands’ employees with respect to duties, meetings and workshops.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing, and coordinating events.
- Proficient in social media platforms.
- Bring exceptional communication, influencing and relationship-building skills, to foster collaboration across all Participating Bands and drive the need for employment growth.
- Ability to balance and blend various departmental needs into effective communication strategies.
- Ability to research and collect data and to prepare reports and related documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage concurrent activities while keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, 1-2 years office administration experience an asset
- Valid driver's license and access to vehicle
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time, with solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Comfortable using web applications and programs
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient with strong time management skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and diplomacy skills.
- Adept at balancing and prioritizing major concurrent tasks and projects, and ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Experience working with First Nations people and within industry is an asset
- Excellent assessment skills, with good networking and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of local and regional area labour/employment market and community resources is an asset
- Committed to providing tools, resources, and opportunities to enable clients to exceed their own expectations
- Discretion & respect for confidentiality
Experience that would be considered an asset - administrative assistant - employment specialist - work training specialist - job placement specialist - community outreach specialist - first nations office assistant - indigenous outreach - indigenous office assistant - indigenous job specialist -
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$48,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Merritt, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- office: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)