Posted Nov 4, 2021Senior Manager/ Case Manager
Business: Nicola Valley Shelter and Support Society
Address: Merritt, B.C.
TagsSocial Services Community Management
The Nicola Valley Shelter and Support Society is seeking a Senior Manager/ Case Manager for our 24-hour low barrier Emergency Shelter
This senior position has primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of the shelter and implementation of case management services for our guests. You will supervise, and be supported by a staff including a junior manage and staff team leader. This position reports to the NVSSS board of directors.
This is a full time position (35-40 hours) requiring a flexible work schedule including weekends.
Applicants will require:
- Pass and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check
- Must hold or be willing to obtain a valid First Aid Certificate
- Support a harm reduction model in the community, with associated training or be willing to train.
- BSW or Post-secondary degree in related field.
- Class 5 driver’s license
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience working with individuals with mental health and / or addictions in a front-line support role or a combination of post- secondary education and experience.
- Experience running programming in group settings
- Experience recruiting and managing staff
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the systemic, cultural and individual barriers facing the homeless and those dealing with mental health and substance use disorder.
- VAT training
Skills and Abilities
- Able to deal with a wide variety of clients in a non-judgmental and compassionate manner
- Conflict resolution training or experience. Trauma informed practice training or experience
- Understanding of the causes and effects of homelessness and/ or living in poverty
- Understanding of the effects of colonization and aboriginal culture
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to source funding, compile statistics, and generate meaningful reports
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Reliable and flexible self-starter with the Ability to multitask
- Computer literate. Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good knowledge of community resources
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, supervise and train support staff
- Develop and monitor case management plans for all guests.
- Complete VATs and housing application forms.
- Fulfill all reporting obligations including those involving clients, staff, and board membership.
- Collecting client information and entering it onto BC Housing database system (HIFIS)
- Ensure that all NVSSS policies and procedures are followed by all staff and guests
- Report areas of concern or need to the Society Board at regularly scheduled meetings.
- Other duties and projects as required
Salary and remunerations: Salary is negotiable based qualifications and experience.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted until this position is filled.
By mail: BOX 424 Merritt BC. V1K 1B8
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org