Posted Nov 9, 2021Maintenance Worker III
Business: Interior Health Authority
Address: Merritt, B.C.
TagsTrades Community Maintenance
For more information and to apply, please visit www.simplyhired.ca
Full job description
Job title :MAINTENANCE WORKER III
Facility :COQUIHALLA GILLIS HOUSE
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Put your trade’s skills into full motion and join the passionate and welcoming staff in the beautiful community of Merritt, BC. We are looking for a self-directed, motivated, reliable and flexible Maintenance Worker III to join our team.
This is a relief full time position until return of the incumbent.
About the role:
The Maintenance Worker III performs maintenance and repair duties related to buildings, grounds and equipment in one or a variety of areas such as electrical, plumbing and painting in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Some typical duties:
- Repairs furniture such as tables, cupboards and shelves; repairs items such as walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows by applying materials such as drywall, wood paneling, floor and ceiling coverings and glass; constructs items such as shelves and cupboards.
- Replaces plumbing fixtures such as sinks and toilets; repairs plumbing fixtures such as water supply lines and waste lines. Installs repair kits to taps, equipment.
- Identifies nature of malfunction of equipment and appliances such as wheelchairs, paging systems, toasters, food mixers and blenders; performs electrical and mechanical repairs by disassembling motors and equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing parts such as brushes, elements, bearings, filters and wires and soldering connections; installs items such as timers and switches; performs safety checks on electrical appliances for defects such as faulty wires and improper grounding. Installs receptacles and ballasts and changes circuits under supervision in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Applies paint and other finishes by brush, roller and/or spray; removes and replaces coverings such as tiles, linoleum and carpets.
- Performs maintenance to heavy duty equipment such as sterilizers, washers, dryers and extractors by disassembling equipment, cleaning, oiling, greasing and replacing items such as filters and reassembling equipment as required.
- Assigns tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation.
- Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance procedures for related equipment, recommends repairs and purchases as required.
- Performs labouring work such as digging trenches, repairing outside grounds, sprinkler system and heads. Cleans storm drains, roof and gutter drains.
- Carries out preventative maintenance on equipment and fixtures such as pumps, fans, air compressors, kitchen equipment, laundry washers, dryers, by oiling, greasing, cleaning and repairing or replacing items such as valves, bearings, seals and changing filters on incoming and return air systems. Cleans and greases wheels on hospital beds, stretchers, carts, laundry buggies, floor machines and wheelchairs, etc.
- Provides routine assistance to the tradesman and engineers by performing general labour work including moving, lifting, cleaning, mixing cement, etc., as required.
- Dumps garbage chute and sorts and transfers garbage to outside bins. Performs other janitorial duties such as emptying outside receptacles and cleaning as required.
- Removes snow from all walks, steps and paved areas. Sweeps and washes down all areas as above to maintain these areas in a safe and clean condition.
- Checks and maintains auxiliary power generators by checking oil levels and pressure, recording temperature, pressures, load reading power factor, etc. Assists Plant Manager and/or Electrician with generator load test as required/directed.
- Maintains materials and supplies for assigned area.
- Maintains log book of all activities, preventative maintenance work, test results, etc.
- Operates Interior Health vehicle to pickup, deliver and/or transport supplies, building materials, and/or equipment as required.
- Participates in departmental meetings, training sessions and quality assurance programs as required/directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes. Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC Employer
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 10, plus two year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
Skills and Abilities:
? Ability to communicate with effectively both verbally and in writing.
? Ability to deal with others effectively.
? Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
? Ability to organize work.
? Ability to operate related equipment.