Posted Jun 8, 2022Sales Associate
Business: 7 - Eleven Canada, Inc.
Address: Merritt, B.C.
TagsSales Customer Service
Full job description
Interact with and serve customers, handle transactions, and provide superior customer service through efficient operation of the store.
- Provides prompt, efficient and courteous customer service. Uses plus selling techniques.
- Maintains interior and exterior store image standards by general store cleaning and by providing routine maintenance to all beverage and food service equipment.
- Receives vendors and ensures invoices balance with delivery in accordance with store policy and company loss prevention practices.
- Completes shift worksheets by verifying lottery and cigarette counts and where applicable, gasoline pump readings.
- Ensures merchandise is properly rotated, faced, correctly priced and clean.
- Carries out A.I.M. procedures as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures. (Corporate and Provincial)
- Adheres to Food Safe and sanitation requirements – corporate and provincial.
- Adheres to safety practices and security practices.
- More in-depth knowledge and responsibilities of ordering and A.I.M.
- Performs specialized job duties related to such positions of Gasoline Attendant, Sandwich Maker and Retail Post Office Assistant.
- Completes and reconciles the paperwork for specialized jobs.
- Banking procedures (deposits)
- Communication skills – policy procedures
- Assists in training of junior staff
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school plus 6 – 9 months experience as a Senior Sales Assistant, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Food Safe Certification and First Aid Certification as required by local jurisdiction.
- Demonstrates effective communication, oral & written, conflict resolution, coaching and training Skills.
- Highly motivated, with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Weekend, afternoon, evening and holiday work will be required.
- Desire to be a member of a performance driven team.
- Minimum age requirement for this position -18 years AB/All other Provinces 19 years.
- Moderate lifting - 50 lbs. and up, walking, standing, stooping, bending.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Provincial Medical, extended health care, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan/Deferred Profit Sharing Plan Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more...
7-Eleven is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $16.20-$16.95 per hour
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
For more information and to apply, please visit www.simplyhired.ca