Posted Jan 14, 2022Service Technician
Address: Merritt BC
TagsCommunity Customer Service Labourer
Location: Merritt, British Columbia, CA
Req ID: 21216
Jobs by Category: Technicians
Job Function: Technicians
Status: Full Time
Join our team
Our Broadband Networks team is laying the foundation for the future, connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our TELUS PureFibre™ network. Our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team members within Broadband Networks aren’t afraid to try new things and challenge the status quo, it’s at our core. Our mission is to create a connected world where our customers live and thrive and we are seeking enthusiastic people who share our excitement about technology, have a dedication to unparalleled customer service excellence and are dedicated to starting their career.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Telecommunications Technician with our team, you will be responsible for the installation and support of products related to the Future Friendly Home (FFH), home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc., in our customers’ homes. Your priority will be to offer extraordinary customer service while installing and repairing voice and data services: phone, internet, TV, for our residential and business customers. You will also find opportunities to promote and up-sell additional TELUS services and/or products when appropriate.
Are you someone who?
- Takes ownership of every customer interaction, works to find creative solutions and challenges the status quo
- Inquisitive, passionate about technology, enjoys being part of a team and loves a good challenge
- Regularly advocates for the needs of friends, family and/or causes you're passionate about
What's in it for YOU?
Your rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage of $23.41, starting wage will be determined based on your relevant education and experience, annual bonuses and sales incentives. We will offer you best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plans, service discounts and more. You will have the chance to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Finally, a career you'll love.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to provide exceptional customer experiences, overcome objections and handle both favorable and unfavorable customer interactions
- Comfortable with solutions-based selling, recommending products to your customers, and up-selling TELUS services and products
- Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalents, a driver’s abstract will be required
- Normal color vision which is required to work with color-coded wiring
- Completed a minimum of Grade 11 Math, we'll need your transcripts and/or diplomas
- Handle a physically demanding workload which includes heavy lifting, climbing ladders/poles, crawling in confined spaces, and working in all weather conditions
- Flexible to work various shifts: days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, to meet business needs
- Fluent in English, with demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills, fluency in other languages would be a great bonus
- Self-motivated, demonstrate effective decision-making skills, and can work with limited supervision
- Mechanical ability and technical proficiency along with an ability to work aloft or on ladders
- Ability to plan, organize and thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Effectively work in a team environment and collaborate with other departments
- Follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations
- Willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, as required
- Willing to travel in small aircraft, aerial tramways, helicopters, etc. when needed
- Strong computer skills
- Exhibit enthusiasm to continuous learning, high performance and have a demonstrated ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations
- Ability to meet applicable testing requirements
- Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications
- Previous experience in customer service and/or sales
Note: Required to obtain and pay for a Security Alarm Installer License from the applicable provincial government prior to the end of your probationary period, in order for your employment to continue and you will be required to maintain the license for the duration of your employment.