Posted Aug 3, 2022Staff Accountant (Co-op)
Business: Carrie Ware & Company Inc.
Address: Merritt, B.C.
Employer: CARRIE WARE & COMPANY INC
Desired start date: September 2022
Program of Study: Bachelor of Business Administration
Title: Staff Accountant (Co-op)
Who we are:
Carrie Ware & Company, Chartered Professional Accountant Firm, is not your average,
boring accounting office. We are wacky individuals who are not afraid to show it. We
use our individual skill sets to assist our clients with everything from bookkeeping
(detective work) to corporate tax (reading between the lines) and everything in between.
We enjoy advising our clients with down-to-earth ideas so that they can make their
business the best that they can.
Our clients include owner-managed companies, individuals, and not-for-profit
organizations. Our clients cover a wide range of industries including ranching, forestry,
manufacturing, tourism, transportation, property development and real estate.
We offer personalized service in a local firm environment that respects and promotes
work life balance and life-long learning. We offer a supportive learning environment to
our accounting students.
Who we want:
A one of a kind individual with a passion for learning and an aptitude for problem
solving. A caring individual who is willing to invest in both themselves and their clients.
A keen individual to put into practice their previous education and training. One who
thrives on taking on responsibilities and challenges to work independently, while being
mentored by respected professionals.
CW&CO is currently accepting applications for a Co-op Student position in our office
available for May 2022 for a 1 year term with a possibility of an extension.
The responsibilities of the Co-op Student are as follows:
· Prepares T4 tax returns
· Prepares personal (T1) tax returns
· Fulfills a variety of support roles in accounting and bookkeeping for clients
· Prepares GST, PST and other statutory returns for clients as required
· Assists in the preparation of working paper files, financial statement, and corporate income
tax returns for a wide variety of clients
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Strong computer skills as we are a paperless office
· Knowledge of bookkeeping programs would be an asset but not required
D0 Not Apply if:
· You’re allergic to excellence and small details
· Multi-tasking scares you
· You believe there is no “I” in team; but there is a “me”
Applications Accepted Until: Suitable applicant has been chosen
Employer: Carrie Ware & Company Inc
Name: Alisha Hedrick
Title: Office Manager