Posted Nov 21, 2022Tenant Support Worker
Business: Ask Wellness Society
Address: Merritt, B.C.
TagsSocial Services Community
Tenant Support Worker - Full Job Description
Tenant Support Worker
Program and Site Location: Supportive Housing, Juniper
Reports To: Coordinator of Supportive Housing, Juniper
Term Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am with ½ hour paid break
Wage Range: $23.16 to $26.97 commensurate with experience.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization through the generous support of their funders are able to assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those with substance misuse, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Position Summary: As a Tenant Support Worker you will provide life skills services to Program Participants who may struggle with mental health concerns, substance misuse challenges and chronic health conditions. Within this role you will support Program Participants to identify individual goals and develop life skills necessary to live as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client-centered, trauma-informed and non-judgmental perspective. Please note this is a pet-friendly workplace.
Typical Duties Include:
Tenant Support Worker Responsibilities
- Encourage and support Program Participants to live as fully and independently as possible.
- Participate in the assessment, goal setting and program planning for Program Participants when requested.
- Provide supervision and support to mitigate individual and program risk to ensure safety, comfort, and wellness.
- Work closely with identified community resources for each Program Participant.
- Actively seek the views of Program Participants and involve them in decision-making to improve their own identity, purpose, and self-esteem.
- Complete wellness checks/room checks when required.
- Assist with meal planning, meal preparation, and meal education with Program Participants.
- When required, arrange weekly drop-offs from the local Food Bank.
- Monitor and move along community members who are loitering in and around the property.
- Provide crisis intervention as required including overdose responses by ensuring immediate access to medical services and completing necessary incident reports when required.
- Conduct assessments of potential Program Participants using the BC Housing-mandated Vulnerability Assessment Tool (VAT).
- Complete accurate and up-to-date communication/case notes.
- Maintain files and statistics as per accreditation standards.
- Complete move-in/move-out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Social Work, Human Services Diploma, Support Worker/Care Aid Certificate, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or lived experience.
- Strong ability to recognize and address difficult behaviors.
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work within a team-based environment involving multi-agency supports.
- Strong working knowledge of community resources.
- Understands and maintains professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, and Trauma Informed Practice an asset.
How to apply: Please submit your application including a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “TSW Juniper Sun-Thurs 4-12” no later than 9:00am on December 2, 2022. Interviews are set to take place on December 7, 2022. You may also apply directly online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.16-$26.97 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- MERRITT, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- social services: 1 year (preferred)
- double COVID vaccination status (required)
Work Location: One location
For more information or to apply, please visit www.indeed.com