Posted Sep 22, 2022Tenant Support Worker
Business: Ask Wellness Society
Address: Merritt, B.C.
TagsSocial Services Community
Position Summary: As a Tenant Support Worker you will provide life skills services to Program Participants who may struggle with mental health concerns, substance misuse challenges, and chronic health conditions. Within this role, you will support Program Participants to identify individual goals and develop life skills necessary to live as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client-centered, trauma-informed, and non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
Tenant Support Worker Responsibilities
- Encourage and support Program Participants to live as fully and independently as possible.
- Participate in the assessment, goal setting, and program planning for Program Participants when requested.
- Provide supervision and support to mitigate individual and program risk to ensure safety, comfort, and wellness.
- Work closely with identified community resources for each Program Participant.
- Actively seek the views of Program Participants and involve them in decision making to improve their own identity, purpose, and self-esteem.
- Complete wellness checks/room checks when required.
- Assist with meal planning, meal preparation, and meal education with Program Participants.
- When required, arrange weekly drop off’s from the local Food Bank.
- Monitor and move along community members who are loitering in and around the property.
- Provide crisis intervention as required including overdose responses by ensuring immediate access to medical services and completing necessary incident reports when required.
- Conduct assessments of potential Program Participants using the BC Housing mandated Vulnerability Assessment Tool (VAT).
- Complete accurate and up-to-date communication/case notes.
- Maintain files and statistics as per accreditation standards.
- Complete move-in/move-out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Social Work, Human Services Diploma, Support Worker/Care Aid Certificate, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or lived experience.
- Strong ability to recognize and address difficult behaviors.
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work within a team-based environment involving multi-agency support.
- Strong working knowledge of community resources.
- Understands and maintains professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete the in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, and Trauma-Informed Practice an asset.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Juniper Casual TSW” to www.indeed.com. This position will remain open until the successful candidate has been found. You may also apply directly apply online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/