Posted Nov 1, 2022Part Time Sales Associate
Business: Pet Valu
Address: Merritt BC
TagsSales Customer Service Civil Enforcement
Full Job Description
Location: Merritt, British Columbia
The Pet Valu family of stores includes Pet Valu, Paulmac's Pet Food, Bosley's, Tisol and Total Pet and together we are one of the largest retail operations in North America dedicated to providing families with food and supplies for dogs, cats, companion birds, wild birds, fish, reptiles and small animals.
All of our stores are dedicated to helping local pets in need, and we partner with local shelters, rescues, and charities for adoption events, in-store adoption (select stores only), and pet food bank programs, as well as through our national donation drives and fundraising campaigns.
At Pet Valu, we're Pet Experts, and we're pet lovers, too.
As a Sales Associate, you will use your knowledge and experience to help Pet Parents find the right nutrition and other solutions for their pets. You will be part of a team of passionate Pet Experts, and enjoy the perks of helping Pet Parents every day. If you are enthusiastic about learning and growing with one of the top pet retailers in North America, this position is for you!
What you get:
- Staff Discounts
- Retail Training
- Competitive Wages
- Pet Care Knowledge
- Flexible Scheduling
What you do:
- Cashier and customer sales
- Preparing merchandise orders, banking, and other miscellaneous paperwork
- Placing small items (under 10 lbs) including pet supplies, household items, etc. into stock in the sales area of the store
- Sweeping, dusting, and other general store maintenance functions
- Assist in unloading delivery vehicles of cases and bags of pet food and supplies and putting these into stock (items up to 50 lbs.)
- Other duties and tasks as required
What you bring:
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Working knowledge of POS system
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to work as scheduled to meet attendance requirements, which may include weekends and evenings
- Ability to have reliable means of transportation to and from the store