Posted Mar 22, 2023Band Administrator
Business: Shackan Indian Band
Address: Merritt, BC
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the general administrative affairs of the Shackan Indian Band
ABOUT YOU - Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Economic Development, or
- related field, or combination of relative experience and post-secondary education.
- 5+ years’ experience of progressively responsible management preferably in the First Nations communities, social service sectors or with Indigenous organizations
- Relevant Designation in area of expertise preferably
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities - What you bring to the role:
- Conflict Resolution - Brings conflict into the open at the earliest opportunity to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive relationships
- Relationship Building - Develops strong, cooperative relationships with internal and external partners, customers, clients, and colleagues to build long-term relationships that foster collaboration and partnership
- Leadership & Teambuilding - Sets an example and a direction for others by acting as a role model and inspiring a positive attitude toward work, motivating others toward vision and goal achievement. Coaches for employee development and provides purposeful feedback for improved performance
- Strategic Performance - Contributes to the organization’s strategic performance by linking long- range vision and mission to the daily work, developing individual and/or group goals, aligning goals with organization objectives and building commitment of staff to this direction
- Financial Impact - Delivers on financial results by budgeting resources responsibly, analyzing data, recognizing trends and patterns, and synthesizing financial data into meaningful terms.
- Innovation - Makes an effort to improve performance or operational activities by trying new things, finding new ways of doing things and looking for improvement
- Analytical Thinking - Observes identifies and organizes information to detect underlying issues.
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates an understanding of industry trends, business concepts, and economic development as well as the constraints and limits of the environment in which the service is provided while increasing the value of products and services
What makes you great:
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience with the ability to develop team and team capabilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the leadership team in the establishment of goals, strategy, and preparation of budgets and funding proposals.
• Ability to see the big picture and think strategically including understanding financial data and forecasting trends and issues.
• Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships
• Have good public and interpersonal relations skills.
• Keen sense of business, ability to identify results-oriented opportunities and motivated by the idea of attracting new clients on the regional and national scene.
• Ability to negotiate contracts and write clear and convincing proposals
• Good knowledge of project management.
• Good understanding of the principle of analysis and profitability, and knowledge on how to influence it.
• Capability to identify opportunities, establish goals and implement an action plan.
• Ability to organize complex projects, establish priorities, and follow-up in a timely manner.
• Ability to make decisions that improve the management of First Nation resources
• Capacity to adapt to unexpected circumstances and work under pressure.
• Ability to manage the confidential and sensitive business and client information.
• Skill to work independently and in a team environment.
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet, to the intermediate level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the program)
• Self-driven, enthusiastic, tactful, and diplomatic.
What we will provide:
• Full-time permanent role
• Competitive compensation package
• A great work culture and environment
Preference will be given to persons of aboriginal ancestry as per section 16 (1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act. Thank you to all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Please submit your resume to the Band Office at 2099 Granit Avenue or email to firstname.lastname@example.org