Posted Dec 2, 2022Senior Sales Associate
Business: Fields Department Store
Address: Merritt, BC
TagsSales Customer Service Administrative
Senior Sales Associate - Full Job Description
Who We Are:
FIELDS opened its first store in 1950 and has been owned and operated by FHC Enterprises Ltd. since 2012. We’re a Canadian-owned, community-oriented company looking for amazing people to join our team. With 68 stores across western Canada, our mission is to help small-town Canadians live better lives by delivering goods and services for less. We take pride in partnering with local charities and strive to make a positive impact in each and every community we serve. FIELDS is a proud recipient of the Rotary “Inclusive Employer” award for exemplifying diversity in the workplace and is ranked amongst the top 100 privately owned companies in BC by Business in Vancouver.
We are currently looking for a Senior Sales Associate to join our dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will embody our values with PRIDE (Passion to serve, Respect, Impact, Doing the right thing, E*nterprising) while supporting store operations by opening and closing the store and as the third key holder. Efforts of continuous improvement will be rewarded through our generous bonus programs, commitment to internal recruitment, and passion for supporting the growth of our team members. To be successful, this dynamic team player must be a strong communicator with a passion for delivering helpful, positive service not only to our customers but to the communities we serve.
As a Senior Sales Associate, you will:
Drive sales through:
- Stocking shelves and proper rotation of dated products
- Setting up and maintaining zone-a-grams
- Communicating with the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager about out-of-stock positions
Deliver quality customer service by:
- Greeting and assisting customers in all aspects of customer service
- Carrying out duties in a positive cheerful manner, and ensuring a friendly professional atmosphere within the store
- Knowing about all promotional activities
Support store operations by:
- Opening and closing the store
- Assisting with store administration
- Supporting your team members with direction and coaching
- Demonstrating a commitment to our Health & Safety policies and guidelines
- Maintaining clean, easy-to-shop, customer-friendly stores
- Assisting with loss prevention
- Ensuring store signage standards are maintained
- Following POS procedures
- Maintaining control over all money and media during each shift
You will accomplish this by:
- Conducting yourself in a mature, professional, friendly manner at all times
- Emphasizing open, honest and positive communication
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking at a quick pace while ensuring accuracy
- Communicating with Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager on an ongoing basis
- Protecting company assets, monies and confidential documentation
- Familiarizing yourself and your team with local competition, community events, customer income sources, new and growing needs for your business and your customer
Who You Are:
- You have exposure to commercial or retail industry.
- You possess strong customer service skills.
- You have the ability to communicate professionally
- You are highly organized, including the ability to re-prioritize workload and adapt to changing circumstances
- You are self-motivated, show initiative, proactive and can work with minimal supervision
- You are detail-oriented and possess strong follow-through skill
FIELDS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all its team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Job Type: Part-time
- 8-hour shift
Work Location: One location
For more information or to apply, please visit www.indeed.com