Posted Jan 23, 2023Forklift Operator (2)
TagsLabourer Equipment Operators
Barkman Concrete - Forklift Operators
Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. In 2021 Barkman began constructing a new world-class paving stone production facility in Merritt, BC with production scheduled to start in 2022. As we build our team in Merritt, we currently have an opportunity for a customer service-minded, detailed focused individual to join as a Yard/Shipping Forklift Operator.
Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a family-owned company where our focused investment to our success is People - Quality - Capacity. Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products. Products produced at our Hess machine facility are found throughout Canada and the US in DIY projects to high-end homes, commercial applications and assisting in beautifying public outdoor spaces.
For a full visual tour of our Manitoba Hess plant which will be similar to the Merritt facility you can view the How Barkman’s Pavers are Made video on-line: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=barkman+concrete%2c+hess&&view=detail&mid=A4D63B35AFA80895C589A4D63B35AFA80895C589&rvsmid=85D8C9C47F696399792D85D8C9C47F696399792D&FORM=VDQVAP
In the yard, Forklift Operators are responsible for in servicing the production departments, yard organization and loading trucks for product shipment. Other duties in the yard include operating a skid steer or front-end loader for assisting with snow removal or managing aggregate bins.
Hours of work are typically 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday, with Saturdays as required, to support production. Schedules range from 6am to 6pm with forklift operators needing to be flexible working overtime to meet production demand and loading trucks in the yard. Assisting with snow removal requires some off-shift hours to clear lots prior to vehicles arriving.
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help co-workers complete tasks, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and the ability to work with others to problem-solve.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do therefore, a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic toward getting tasks completed and meeting high-quality customer service standards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prior forklift or mobile equipment experience is a strong asset.
- Must be able to visually identify product by type and color as well as be able to read labels and order pick lists for loading trucks.
- A strong safety ethic in operating in a high-traffic yard, completing pre-trip inspections, identifying equipment issues, wearing required PPE and seatbelt, and following yard traffic rules.
- Care for both handling equipment and product is crucial to maintaining a steady flow from production to the customer.
- This role has direct contact with both Barkman team members and customers entering the yard therefore a professional, safety-minded, friendly, customer-focused attitude is key.
- Teamwork, problem-solving and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Flexibility in working various shifts to cover production demand, dock times and covering for when other team members have scheduled time off work.
Physical activities include: walking, standing, kneeling, bending, lifting (up to 50lbs), reaching, using arms/hands to operate equipment, changing attachments, assisting with tying down loads, moving pallets, shoveling, etc.
Barkman provides mobile equipment training for forklift, skid steer and front-end loader as per safety regulations. All operators are expected to follow safe operating procedures at all times.
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Please note that we will be interviewing as resumes are received, it is recommended to submit your resume as soon as possible) By email: email@example.com Website: www.barkmanconcrete.com/careers
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.