Posted Mar 9, 2023Cost Accountant/Inventory Manager
Business: Emcon Services Inc.
Address: Merritt, BC
Cost Accountant/Inventory Manager - Full Job Description
Reporting to the CFO, the Cost Accountant/Inventory Manager will work with employees at multiple organizational levels to prepare & analyze weekly, monthly & quarterly costing, preparation of business forecasting & budgets, analyze accounting/costing results, monitor variances & identify trends – recommending actions to the Senior Accountant and/or CFO; as well as analysis & development of accounting/costing processes. The position is also responsible for the control, review, and analyze inventory and be responsible for the ongoing development, documentation and implementation of inventory control procedures and records for the company.
Additionally, the Cost Accountant/Inventory Manager will also be responsible for overseeing other aspects of inventory management including; accuracy of transfers, adjustments to physical inventory, coordinating seasonal inventory counts, proposing strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics, RFQ for bulk purchasing, maintain the supply chain management process across the company and develop processes and tools to improve inventory controls, accuracy and accountability, as well as manage and coordinate Min-Max inventory control.
In applying for this challenging position, you should bring these qualifications;
· Successfully completed a minimum Grade 12 education
· Supervisory and/or Management Skills Training.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office Suites.
· Above-average analytical and organizational skills needs for the completion of reports and documentation
· Valid BC Driver’s License (Class 5) and a positive driving record.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
· Can demonstrate experience with internal inventory audits & systems.
· Has strong problem-solving skills and the ability to contribute to data analysis and reconciliations at the company level.
· Has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
The Cost Accountant/Inventory Manager is a non-union, salaried management position. Compensation and benefits will be based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract. Qualified applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.indeed.com