Posted Mar 15, 2023Employment Advisor
Business: Community Futures Thompson Country - WorkBC Merritt
Address: Merritt BC
Salary: $21.50–$23.00 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Extended health care
Full Job Description
Accountable to the Site Manager, the Employment Advisor performs a variety of employment-related services and duties to support, implement and deliver employment programming with an emphasis on ensuring accurate data entry and meeting performance measures in accordance with CFTC’s contractual obligations to the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction and in support of CFTC’s overall management and financial principles.
Perform case management duties including Conducting formal needs assessments with clients using various assessment tools. Develop, review, revise, and update employment action plans according to client needs. Monitor client progress by reviewing activities and results on an agreed-upon schedule. Meet service delivery and financial targets. Support clients in the development of effective job search strategies. Utilize the Integrated Case Management system (ICM) to monitor client progress and maintain accurate records. Complete reporting functions utilizing MS Office as required.
- A university degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience in case management, employment counseling, human resources, and/or sales and marketing
- Career Development Practitioner Diploma and/or CCDP designation is preferred but not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working in the Employment Program of British Columbia (EPBC) and utilizing the Integrated Case Management System (ICM) is preferred
- Employment counseling skills
- A strong understanding of the local and provincial labour market and employment resource materials.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to implement new systems and successfully navigate change
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Microsoft Office, and client database systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing quality service, good team player, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to pass and maintain a clean criminal record check
- Must retain at least a Class 5 Drivers License and use of the personal vehicle during working hours
- Ability to travel to attend training sessions and conferences
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Weekends off
Training and team support are provided. Extended health and dental package, three weeks of vacation to start, and retirement benefits included.
Closing Date: Open till the position filled
Starting Date: As soon as possible