Posted Mar 16, 2023EOI - Library Assistant & Page
Business: TNRD - Library
Address: Merritt, BC
TagsAdministrative Customer Service
EIO Library Assistant & Page - Full Job Description
This posting is an Expression of Interest for TNRL staff who want to work Casual shifts at the Merritt Library.
Required Qualifications for Library Assistants Include:
- Minimum two-year Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Strong customer service skills and experience together with a genuine interest in working with patrons of all ages;
- A passion for helping others and a belief in the importance of literacy;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team-based environment;
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills;
- Experience working with children in a professional capacity ;
- Knowledge of program/event development and implementation ;
- Knowledge of TNRL programs and services;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, social media and mobile devices.;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and diffuse difficult patron situations;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal/professional development;
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs.; and,
- Valid BC Driver's License.
Qualifications that will be considered an asset include:
- Experience assisting with the design and delivery of programs and events;
- Mother Goose training and Food Safe certificates;
- Coursework related to libraries and information services.
As per Appendix 8, Casual Library Assistants and Pages need to be available to work a variety of shifts including daytime, evenings and weekends. Work will be scheduled in advance and on short notice.
- Library Pages are paid at grid 3.
- Library Assistants are paid at grid 9.
As per 25.8, staff are paid in lieu for casual hours.
$24.32 - $27.02 ( BCGEU - Grid Level 9 )
For more information or to apply, please visit www.indeed.com