Posted Sep 13, 2023Store Manager
Business: Canadian Tire
Address: 2761 Forksdale Avenue, Merritt
Store Manager - Merritt
$45,000–$60,000 a year
The Store Manager contributes to success in the store by providing a consistent retail floor presence and direct support to the Department Managers. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the retail floor consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience and retail execution. This role involves a close working relationship with the Dealer, General Manager and Department Managers.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
- Provides a strong floor presence and interfaces regularly with customers to assess customer experience.
- Leads by example by consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Responds to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintains community relations in order to build and enhance the image of Canadian Tire.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the Management Team through strong communication, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects on the retail floor in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer experience targets set by the Associate Dealer and/or General Manager.
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- Proven track record in retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems is considered an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
For more information and to apply please visit www.indeed.ca