Posted Sep 13, 2023Child and Youth Worker
TagsCivil Enforcement Counsellor
As a Child and Youth Worker with Interior HomeCare Solutions, you will play a vital role in caring for at-risk children and youth in a live-in residential home setting.
Your role will include providing day-to-day in-home direct care up including personal care to persons with developmental disabilities, managing the household, and implementing the care plan with various strategies and interventions to assist the growth, development and success of the person you will be caring for.
You will participate as a member of the care team, facilitate activities and visits for the individual, regularly write reports and submit documentation on the individual’s plan, and respond to and help the person safely through behavioral needs and challenges.
- Flexible Work Schedule - 12 hours shifts 4 on/4 off, day or night lines available, casual and full-time positions available
- Medical, dental and extended benefits upon successful completion of employment probation and meeting eligibility requirements
- Competitive wages
- Professional Growth, Regular training in special needs, trauma, non-violent crisis intervention
- Providing nurturing, compassionate care
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities, Autism, is beneficial
- Knowledge of alternate communication method is beneficial
- Knowledge of developmental trauma, mental health, addictions, and behavioral challenges is beneficial
- Knowledge in Applied Behavior Analysis and the willingness to be coached on behavior intervention is beneficial
- Time management skills to prioritize and organize the day.
- Knowledge of Indigenous support practices would be beneficial
- Understands the significance and maintenance of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of documentation.
- Skills to mentor and assist team members.
- Skills to manage resources such as supplies.
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to clearly and objectively communicate (verbally and in written format) in English.
- Physical and mental ability to carry out duties.
- Diploma in a related human/social service field and 2 years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education/training/experience.
- Criminal Record Check
- Clearance of HUB Check
- Drug test upon hiring
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Food Safe
- Resume with 3 references including a former employer
- Class 5 drivers license and clean drivers abstract
Child and Youth Support Worker
We want to thank all candidates for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Childcare: 2 years (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- BC Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person