Posted Sep 16, 2020Executive Assistant
Business: Upper Nicola Band
Address: PO Box 3700, Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Term: Permanent Full-time: 32 hours per week including evening meetings
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: UNB Office Manager
Wage: Commensurate with experience, as per salary range for Grade 4 level employee in UNB Personnel Policy
Job Purpose: The Executive Assistant provides general administrative and senior clerical support to the Chief & Council, the Director of External Relations, and the Band Administrator and therefore maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion in all internal and external communications.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Produce a variety of documents such as correspondence, minutes, forms, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations; proof-read documents and correct errors. Update and/or assemble manuals.
• Take minutes of Chief & Council meetings, Community Meetings, Annual General Meetings, and other meetings as required. Prepare digital PDF/meeting packages for the Chief and Council and other meetings in conjunction with senior management. Distribute all Chief and Council documentation in a timely manner.
• Draft correspondence on behalf of the Chief for approval and/or edit reports etc on his/her behalf. Manage the schedules of Chief and Council, arranging internal and external meetings, collating documentation for the meetings, and preparing their meeting packages to be as efficient as possible.
• Maintain a records management system for Chief and Council. Create files, retrieve files, and prepare files for storage. Regularly update correspondence and tracking database and maintain a variety of confidential labor relations, financial and other records.
• Arrange meetings and events with a variety of participants and coordinates the logistics, including facilities, supplies, and catering. Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Chief and Council and senior management as required.
• High school diploma plus an Office Administration or Business Administration diploma or degree is required.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative or secretarial position, including three years in a senior capacity.
• Extensive experience with computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
• Experience in developing and managing a records management system is preferred
• A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required.
• Knowledge of Syilx history and culture is an asset.
The position is open until filled. Please send cover letter and resume via hand delivery, mail, e-mail to Human Resources,
Upper Nicola Band – Box 3700
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 - Tel: 250-350-3342 email: email@example.com
Upper Nicola Band thanks all applicants. However, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.