Posted Jan 20, 2021UNB Nsyilxcen Manager
Position: UNB Nsyilxcen Manager
Department Term: Permanent Full Time – 24-32 hours per week
Start date: ASAP (or until position is filled)
Wage: Commensurate with experience, as per salary range for Grade 5 level employee in UNB Personnel Policy
Reports to: Band Administrator
Role: UNB Nsyilxcen Manager is responsible for overseeing community language, support new initiatives and events, and integrate cultural knowledge and values. This position is responsible for managing a budget, writing funding proposals and supervising the language events for membership and staff, both on and off reserve, developing a consultation framework/community engagement strategy to enhance and support the acquisition of language within the UNB.
• Builds a consultation framework to engage Council, Elders, Youth
• In consultation with the above stakeholders and Kwu Xast develops a strategy to increase the use of Nsyilxcen. Oversees the Nsyilxcen programming and initiatives across the UNB community
• Liaises with external groups to coordinate cultural awareness activities or experiences
• Works across all UNB administrative divisions to integrate Nsyilxcen into day-to-day operations
• Collaborates with other Okanagan Nation bands on Nsyilxcen initiatives
• Attends staff and external meetings
• Supervises Nsyilxcen staff
• Oversees and monitors the Nsyilxcen program budget, financials, and contribution agreement
• Completes payment vouchers and purchase orders
• Prepares grant applications and submits required reports
• Participates in community events as requested
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge and experience in Nsyilxcen and committed Nsyilxcen learner.
• Proposal and report writing, and budget management experience. Experience developing and coordinating programs. Experience supervising staff. Advanced skill in multimedia programs.
• Current First Aid/CPR certificate or willing to obtain.
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Clean Criminal Record check is required.
• Understanding of cultural awareness and sensitivity. Collaborative team player. Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and diplomacy. Honest, trustworthy, and respectful
• Advanced knowledge and skill in MS Word and MS Excel
• This job involves working flexible hours including weekends and evenings
Send cover letter and resume by via hand delivery, mail, e-mail, to:
HR Upper Nicola Band – Box 3700 Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 Tel: 250-350-3342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper Nicola Band thanks all applicants. Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.