Posted Nov 17, 2020Outreach Workers - 2 Positions
Business: Conayt Friendship Society
Address: 2164 Quilchena Ave, Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
TagsHealthcare Administrative Social Services Community
Outreach Workers (2 Positions)
Conayt Friendship Society - Merritt, BC
$18 - $22 an hour - Part-time, Temporary
Conayt Friendship Society is looking for two Community Outreach Workers to provide supports to Urban Indigenous community members during COVID 19 Pandemic.
The Outreach Team will be responsible for; planning, prepping and delivery of food, connect individuals to support resources, providing basic living necessities and handing out cups of coffee.
This is a term position with the possibility of extension dependent on funding availability.
The team will work 18 hours per week, Thursday to Saturday. This position will report directly to Executive Director.
· Create and deliver an outreach program.
· Plan weekly menus for food distribution.
· Food preparation, ie; sandwiches, coffee, possibly baking.
· Identify and package basic needs.
· Provide advocacy to clients and assist them to connect with local resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Compassionate, outgoing, and streetwise.\Approachable and non-judgmental.
· Communications, problem-solving, negotiating, decision making, and judgment skills.
· Experience working with the public.
· Work well with others; treat people with dignity & respect; promote confidence.
· Knowledge of healthy boundaries.
· Knowledge of basic accounting, financial statements, budget management.
· Computer applications skills. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
· Identify priorities when there are conflicting demands.
· Maintain clear and accurate records.
· Knowledge, and awareness of Aboriginal cultures, Friendship Centres and urban issues.
Credentials & Experience
· Bachelor of Social Work or Diploma in Human Services
· Familiarity with Community Resources
· First Aid
· Experience working with harm reduction settings
· Strong organization and leadership skills
· Community kitchen and food sustainability experience
Rate of pay will be between $18.00 – $22.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
Special Requirements - Able to clear a Criminal Record Check and a driver’s license free of encumbrances.
Interested applicants, please submit a cover letter & resume to:
Attention: Executive Director, Conayt Friendship Society, PO Box 1989, 2164 Quilchena Avenue, Merritt, BC V1K 1B8 Email (see below) or fax to 778-661-1019.
Deadline: November 5, 2020
As per Section 16 of the Federal Charter of Human Rights Act, preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
**All resumes will be carefully reviewed, however, only those applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.