Posted Nov 18, 2020Executive Director
Business: Emcon Services Inc
Address: 105-1121 McFarlane Way, Merritt, BC
TagsHealthcare Administrative Community Management
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
4100 Bellshaw Street
Merritt, British Columbia
V1K 0A5, Canada
Reporting to the Owner, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of our 70-unit assisted living/complex care facility. This position will lead, organize and direct the middle management team, to ensure operational objectives and facility health care services/standards are met.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees all aspects of operational programs to ensure that the programs and property consistently meet expectations for a successful and profitable care facility, ensuring the accountability of quality performance outcomes from all respective departments.
- Monitors quality of care and services, reporting, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating remedial action and improvement plans (as required).
- Develops creative and innovate programs and policies for the recruitment and retention of all categories of staff. Plans, implements and evaluates orientation and education program for all staff. Provides leadership and motivation to ensure management team works to meet the goals of the residence while enjoying job satisfaction.
- Recruitment of staff. Monitors and approves overall personnel planning, performance management evaluations and support of middle management team.
- Plans, organizes, implements, controls and evaluates staffing schedules.
- Represents the Nicola Valley Seniors Residence in interactions with representatives from other facilities, regulatory agencies, educational institutions, and in contract negotiations.
- Establishes marketing objectives to promote the implementation of innovative and creative programs to attract and retain residents.
- Implements systems to improve efficiencies and work within the interdisciplinary team to implement and maintain budgetary needs
- Conducts duties in accordance with government regulations, laws & policies. Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the retirement (assisted living, complex care) industry.
- Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated management, leadership and marketing skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with nursing experience at a supervisory/management level
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective communication (written & oral) in English
- Leadership, management and organizational skills
- Self directed, accountable and effective problem solver
- Ability to provide management team motivation and training
Graduate of a degree program in nursing with current RN licensure and able to work in B.C.
Salary range: $72,000.00 to $85,000.00.
If this is you and you are interested in working in one of the fastest growing communities in the Interior of BC, please contact:
#105-1121 McFarlane Way
Merritt, BC V1K 1B9